Ignitor II Kit, Coil and Wire Extension Bundle – Nissan GQ Patrol TB42S Carby
What are the benefits of the Ignitor II?
- There are no moving and rubbing parts to wear out or effect performance, and no more points to burn, pit or corrode.
- Lobe sensing technology uses point cam to trigger rather than a magnet sleeve or ring. Lobe sensor kits have been developed to overcome the need to make adjustments to the distributor shaft.
- Adaptive dwell maintains peak energy throughout the entire RPM range, reducing misfires while improving engine performance.
- Develops on average 4 times more available energy between 3000 and 5000 RPM, and 2 times more available plug voltage.
- Peak current level is reached just prior to spark for maximum energy without the heat build-up, increasing coil and module life.
- Adjusts spark timing at higher RPMs to compensate for the inherent electronic delay, resulting in more stable timing.
- Senses engine startup and increases dwell time, providing more energy for starting sparks.
- Built in reverse polarity and over current protection shuts down the system, preventing component damage.
- Compared to the original Ignitor, develops on average 3 times more available energy between 3000 and 5000 RPM, and nearly doubles available plug voltage.
- Compatible with 12-volt negative ground systems.
- Guaranteed for 30 Months…We stand behind it!!!
What are the benefits of the 0.6 ohm Flame-Thrower II Coil?
- The Flame-Thrower® II 0.6 ohm coil has been designed by Pertronix to achieve the optimal performance out of the Ignitor® II electronic ignition kit.
- The Flame-Thrower® II High Performance Coil maximises energy and reliability over the full RPM range, delivering more spark energy and voltage.
- The Flame-Thrower® II High Performance Coil has a super low 0.6 ohm primary resistance, giving you more than four times the spark energy compared to points..
- Tests conducted show a 479% improvement over points at 3,000 RPM for an eight cylinder vehicle. That’s a whole lot of spark energy, enabling you to run larger plug gaps in your vehicle for greater fuel efficiency and more power!!
- We designed and commissioned the production of this unit over 15 years ago
What are the benefits of the Wire Extension Kit?
- The engine bay layout of the TB42S engine is such that the standard length of wires on an Ignitor module need to be extended to reach the Coil
- Rather than using wires which may not be appropriate for the job, match the ultra flexible, 20awg(2mm), 600v Silicone jacketed wires rated at 150 degrees celcius on the module with 39″ of extension
- Unique to Australia, we also include Posi-Lock connectors with Ring terminals to simplfy the coil end of the wires.
NOTE: While this unit is simple to set up, we recommend contacting a qualified auto electrician to ensure correct installation of this product.
-If we have a shortage of Coil stock we may contact you upon purchase and offer to swap the advertised Black Oil Filled version for another equivalent FlameThrower II version.-