PerTronix Ignitor III – Electronic Ignition Conversion Kits.
The Ignitor 3 module is designed for the serious performance enthusiast who demands serious power. You have seen the performance increases the Ignitor and Ignitor 2 series of electronic ignitions have brought. Now get ready for more… 5 times more spark energy than a typical points system. Ignitor 3 modules provide ignition box performance… without the “box”! For the maximum Ignitor 3 benefit, select one of our Flame-Thrower 3 ignition coils.
PerTronix offer Ignitor 3 options for a more limited range of distributors in well known vehicle brands found in Australia and around the world including Ford, Chev, VW, MG, Morris, Triumph and some others. Get in touch to find out if we have one for your vehicle!
PerTronix Ignitor 3 Features:
- Multiple sparks through the entire RPM range
- Integrated digital REV limiter with LED feedback for precise RPM setting
- Memory safe function stores settings eliminating unintented changes to REV limit
- Adaptive Dwell maintains peak energy throughout the entire RPM range, reducing misfires while improving engine performance
- Peak current level is reached just prior to spark for maximum energy without the heat build-up, increasing coil performance and module reliability
- Adjusts spark timing at higher RPMs to compensate for inherent electronic delay
- Senses startup and developes more energy for quicker, easier starting
- Thermal clad surface mount construction for superior reliability
- Built in reverse polarity and over current protection shuts down the system, preventing component damage
- Not compatible with CD or Multi-spark boxes
- 30 month manufacturers warranty covered in Australia!
What is included with each kit?
- Ignitor 3 module and application specific mounting plate
- Screws and terminals specific to the application of kit
- Installation instructions
- Australian warranty information
PerTronix Ignitor 3 modules are only available for negative earth 12-volt applications. It is critical to purchase a PerTronix Ignitor module that matches the voltage and polarity setup of your vehicle circuit.