PerTronix Ignitor II Electronic Ignition Conversion Kits from PerTronix Australia.
The Ignitor 2 has many of the same great features that the Ignitor 1 has, but even more. The Ignitor 2 units sense the coil current level and use a powerful micro controller to adjust the dwell. Variable dwell helps to maintain peak energy throughout the entire RPM range. Ignitor 2 systems develop significantly more energy between 3000 and 5000 RPM than standard ignition systems. High RPM performance is improved when used with the Flame-Thrower 2 super low resistance (0.6 ohms) 45,000 volt coils.
PerTronix make Ignitor 2 options for most well known vehicle brands found in Australia and around the world such as Ford, Holden, Mercedes, MG, Rolls Royce, Toyota and many more.
PerTronix Ignitor 2 Features:
- Adaptive Dwell maintains peak energy throughout the entire RPM range, reducing misfires while improving engine performance
- Developes on average 4 times more available energy between 3000 and 5000 RPM, and 2 times more available plug voltage
- Compensates for inherent electronic delay by adjusting the spark timing throughout the entire RPM range
- Synchronized peak current and spark timing reduces heat build-up
- Senses startup and developes more energy for quicker, easier starting
- Built in reverse polarity and over current protection shuts down the system, preventing component damage
- Epoxy molding makes our module impervious to dirt, oil, grease and moisture
- Stable timing …no need for adjustment
- Will trigger most CD ignitions
- Available for 6 and 12-volt negative and positive ground systems
- 30 month manufacturers warranty covered in Australia!
What is included with each kit?
- Ignitor 2 module and application specific mounting plate
- Magnetic sleeve (Note: some applications do not require this piece as they are Lobe Sensing)
- Screws and terminals specific to the application of kit
- Installation instructions
- Australian warranty information
PerTronix Ignitor 2 modules are only available for negative earth 12-volt applications. It is critical to purchase a PerTronix Ignitor module that matches the voltage and polarity setup of your vehicle circuit.