Ignitor II Kit, Coil and Bracket Bundle – Toyota 2F and 3F Landcruiser
The PerTronix Ignitor 2 in this bundle is designed to suit the original Nippondenso distributor found in 4.0L and 4.2L Toyota Landcruisers built from 1978 onwards which contain the GD207 points set. Please note this kit will NOT suit Nippondenso distributors which contain GD202 points and the stepped point cam typically found in 3.9L F Landcruisers.
What are the benefits of the Ignitor II?
- There are no moving and rubbing parts to wear out or effect performance, and no more points to burn, pit or corrode.
- Lobe sensing technology uses point cam to trigger rather than a magnet sleeve or ring. Lobe sensor kits have been developed to overcome the need to make adjustments to the distributor shaft.
- Adaptive dwell maintains peak energy throughout the entire RPM range, reducing misfires while improving engine performance.
- Develops on average 4 times more available energy between 3000 and 5000 RPM, and 2 times more available plug voltage.
- Peak current level is reached just prior to spark for maximum energy without the heat build-up, increasing coil and module life.
- Adjusts spark timing at higher RPMs to compensate for the inherent electronic delay, resulting in more stable timing.
- Senses engine startup and increases dwell time, providing more energy for starting sparks.
- Built in reverse polarity and over current protection shuts down the system, preventing component damage.
- Compared to the original Ignitor, develops on average 3 times more available energy between 3000 and 5000 RPM, and nearly doubles available plug voltage.
- Compatible with 12-volt negative ground systems.
- Guaranteed for 30 Months…We stand behind it!!!
What are the benefits of the 0.6 ohm Flame-Thrower II Coil?
- The Flame-Thrower® II 0.6 ohm coil has been designed by Pertronix to achieve the optimal performance out of the Ignitor® II electronic ignition kit.
- The Flame-Thrower® II High Performance Coil maximises energy and reliability over the full RPM range, delivering more spark energy and voltage.
- The Flame-Thrower® II High Performance Coil has a super low 0.6 ohm primary resistance, giving you more than four times the spark energy compared to points..
- Tests conducted show a 479% improvement over points at 3,000 RPM for an eight cylinder vehicle. That’s a whole lot of spark energy, enabling you to run larger plug gaps in your vehicle for greater fuel efficiency and more power!!
This Bundle includes a Coil Bracket which can be used on any Cylinder Style Coil suitable for Points.
NOTE: While this unit is simple to set up, we recommend contacting a qualified auto electrician to ensure correct installation of this product.
-If we have a shortage of Coil stock we may contact you upon purchase and offer to swap the advertised Black Oil Filled version for another equivalent FlameThrower II version.-